- This event has passed.
How to Use Behavior-Driven Design to Gather Analytics Requirements
March 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0$49
Join this workshop to learn the practical HOW TO and WHY of using Behavior-Driven Design to gather effective analytics requirements.
The speed of business in today’s dynamic landscape demands we find better ways to significantly improve business outcomes while radically shortening the time-to-market for analytic product delivery. To effectively bridge the age-old information gap between the business and IT, accurate and robust analytics requirements must be identified. Better requirements = better analytics = better adoption = better data-driven organization.
Using good analytics requirements gathering techniques starts by adopting best-in-class practices:
- Behavioral Driven Design (BDD) Techniques
- Design Thinking Principles
To vet the viability of the requirements, harness the capabilities of emerging self-service enabling technologies to test hypotheses and produce wire-frames and prototypes.
In this course, participants will learn how to facilitate interactive design workshops to quickly formulate end-state analytic products and more accurately capture the underlying functional specifications for data requirements, measure calculations, actionable visualizations and business outcome measures. This course is delivered using a combination of instructional lecture and interactive discussion.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why BDD is a superior set of techniques for analytics requirements gathering
- How Design Thinking principles flush out the underlying Needs from the voice-of-the-customer
- How to document Analytics Requirements via BDD techniques
- How to document the Analytic Stakeholders utilization of the Analytic Products and their interactions with each other.
- How to leverage emerging self-service technologies to simulate requirements, vet outcome hypotheses and ensure data entitlements
- How the combination of Design Thinking principles and Behavioral Driven Design techniques produce more accurate and actionable analytic requirement specifications
- How to modify traditional and agile life-cycle management methodologies to incorporate BDD techniques and Design Thinking principles
This is an interactive 3 hour workshop. There will be a 15-minute break after 90 mins.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Business Process Owners/Analytic Stakeholders
- Business Analysts/Data Scientists
- Analytic Product Managers/Product Owners
- Analytic Portfolio Managers/Agile Scrum Masters
This class is limited to 30 attendees.